Tuesday, April 27, 2010

For Mother On Her Day

I made this card with my mother in mind. She has been gone for 17 years and I still miss her. My mother loved to sew and she made all my clothes til I was in high school. My mother was so gifted, she could even make her own patterns. In her later years she quilted and I have two of her masterpieces.

She was a great cook too!!! Boy, I remember her making jelly and jam and spaghetti sauce and goetta and fruitcake. (Yep I am a fruitcake lover. Now don't get me wrong, there are fruitcakes, and then there are fruitcakes.) The only other fruitcake I have tasted that compares to my mother's, is from Gethsemani Farms, close to Bardstown Ky. Yummie, if you like fruitcake.

So, with her in mind, as she always is, I made this card.

The stamp I used is from My Sentiments Exactly. I stamped it in Versamark and embossed it in black using Black Detail (EP171) from Sparkle N Sprinkle. Next I trimmed all the way around the dress and added a thin piece of pink ribbon to look like a sash. If you click on the pic, you will notice that I used pink ribbon at the bottom of the dress. I used my Spellbinders frame (S5-011) on pink cardstock. Affixed the frame onto white glossy cardstock and and the white glossy CS to the pink card. Last, using dimensional tape,I popped the dress up on the white glossy CS. Hope this inspires you to make your mother a Mothers Day card.

Well that is it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon,

Barbara

3 comments:

Carla Trujillo said...

Wow! Barb that is a beautiful card! And I love the way you photographed it!

Hopemore Studio said...

I'm with Carla, I think your picture is set up really well!

Angie

creativearts said...

I just looked at your cards, Barbara, and I love the card for your mom. The frame really sets off the dress. My mom is also at rest and I still miss her. I hope you have a Happy Mothers Day.
Eleanor