Monday, July 2, 2012

From Tea Cups to Tulips

Hi Everyone
Happy Monday. Today I get to prep for my colonoscopy. No biggie, it's been 5 years and its time to get checked again.

So while I am doing that, I want to share with you a new stamp set that was just released over at Sparkle N Sprinkle.


Aren't these so cute.OK, look at the cup on the left, the yellow one, it's called the tulip tea cup and that is what it reminded me of, a tulip. So when I put my design together I thought of flowers not tea.
And here is what I came up with.


 The background panel uses a piece of glossy cardstock and I embossed it with a Sizzix embossing folder and then used alcohol inks to cover the whole panel. After that was done I colored the raised portions on the panel with Copic Markers to make the embossed parts look like they are in a flower garden. Adding the tulips just adds to the garden feel. I cut the stem and the petals freehand,with no template. Attached the stem and next I used my paper shaper on the flower and the leaves and then attached the flower head over the stem. Next I attached the leaves at the base of the card. By just attaching the leaves at the bottom fourth of the leaves it gives the leaf the ability to be manipulated and turned, just like the way they grow from the ground. 

Entering this card in the following challenges:


Stampin Sisters in Christ  - Challenge #146 - John 13: 34-35- Use something new on your challenge

That's it for today. Have a great week, see you soon,



9 comments:

brenda said...

Good Morning Barbara

What clever use of those stamps, had you not said what they really were I would never have considered them anything but tulips.

Thanks so much for joining our 'Summer Blooms' theme at Penny Black and More this month and hope you will share more of your lovely work with us.

B x

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Barbara - you are so creative - love your 'something new'! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Gerlinde said...

So clever! Love the background and the tulips are divine!

Brenda said...

You're just too clever!!! How fun is this card!

PinksyDoodles said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black and More. Clare x

April said...

This card is just lovely! great use of the stamp. Way to go!

April said...

This card is just lovely! great use of the stamp. Way to go!

E. Marie said...

This is so pretty!! Love how you used this stamp and your coloring is beautiful.

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card and love your use of these stamps. Thank you for joining in the fun at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x