Monday, November 19, 2012

Sympathy

Hi Everyone,
I want to share a card with you that I made for my monthly club meeting this month. The theme this month was to make a sympathy card so using this beautiful angel here is that card that I made.

This stamp is from Stampers Anonymous and is a stamp that I have used so many times, I have lost count. It is a perfect image for sympathy and Christmas and..... I am sure you can think of other occasions you would use this stamp for as well.

It seems that my style for sympathy cards, generally speaking, is a really simple card. Since I didn't photograph the inside (sorry), here is the sentiment I used:


When you awaken in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush,
Of quiet birds in circled flight, 
I am the soft stars that shine at night,
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

The sentiment stamp is from the Stamp Barn and there is another sentiment that they offer that is also perfect for a sympathy card.

Those swirly corners I used are from Heartfelt Creations, and are in die set HCD-702 Decorative Butterfly Border Die. 

Well,Thanksgiving is closing in and then Christmas will be here shortly thereafter. Have a great day and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.









8 comments:

Caroline said...

Beautiful card for such a sad occasion. Caroline xxx

Anne Temple said...

Your sympathy card is beautiful, as is the sentiment you used.

Cammy404 said...

What a lovely card! I love the frame (gotta get one!) :) Just beautiful!!

Donna Ellis said...

Barbara, your sympathy card is beautiful! Such a serene image, with just a hint of color. Very elegant. The text is a lovely one for sympathy. Thank you for sharing it.

April said...

This is beautiful! What a wonderful job you did on this!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the vintage look. A wonderful sympathy card indeed!

Shona Erlenborn said...

A beautiful sympathy card - with the saying. Love the use of the die cut too.

Donna Maligno said...

Love the feel and look of his card, Barb. That looks like a HC die in the back! Great job.