Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I was at Sam's last week and saw potted Calla Lilies and just drooled over them. Didn't buy any, but they were so pretty. I was in a hurry so maybe I will go back this week and check them out.

Today is my day to post over at Craft-Dee BowZ (CDB)  I recently bought a stamp with calla lilies on it and it was sitting in my box of new stuff waiting to be used. Well I remembered the lilies at Sam's so I decided to use this new stamp. (This stamp just screamed at me so I had to buy it.)  LOL


Anyway, I decided the pale green ribbon I  received for this month from CDB  was perfect for the card I made with  these lilies. I made a double looped bow. Since this ribbon is wired, it will hold it's shape. I really like working with the wired ribbon for that reason. I added some beads that I strung on some wire, to act as an accent to the bow.

BTW, I know you like to win prizes, who doesn't, Craft-Dee BowZ is hosting a monthly challenge. You can access it over at their blog on it's own tab. Here is the direct link. Please check out the new challenge and I sure hope to see your entry over there.

Have a great week, see you soon.



7 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a gorgeous card Barbara. Love the Calla Lilies too. They were at Walmart yesterday, and I too was in a hurry so couldn't take them home! Your bow is amazing, and I love the little beaded accents.

Donna Ellis said...

Barbara, such an elegantly put together card - so feminine, and yet elegant. Beautiful colors and I love that beautiful ribbon DD found - WOW - who would not want that in their stash? Barbara, when you made the little beaded adorno, how did you "cap" the ends, and was it wrapped around the knot portion of the bow? Or was it created after making the bow? I would enjoy a late night quickie lesson on skype tomorrow night as we get our hop ready. What do you say? hugs, de

April said...

So elegant and pretty, Barbara! I love that bow and the image.

Anne Temple said...

such an elegant looking card. Love the bow with the beads in the center too,

Donna Maligno said...

Sumptuous, delicious and elegant -- all rolled into one lovely card! You'd better give De that lesson tonite before she drools on her computer! People can go to the Craft-Dee BowZ website to see all the videos on how these bows are made.

Desire Fourie said...

So beautiful and the bow finishes it off perfectly.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Amber (bambi64) said...

What a beautiful card. You know, I didn't even realize that ribbon was wired, guess you can tell I haven't looked at my package that closely! Love wired ribbon too!