Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Poppies

Welcome Back Everyone

My last post showed a class sample from my Techniques class that I taught last Saturday. The technique was Coloring using Colored Pencils and Gamsol.. I just have to share another sample from that class.




Here is a close up of the image.

This stamp is from Stacy Stamps and as a lover of poppies I absolutely love this image.In coloring this, I chose to use more of the oranges instead of the vibrant reds that you typically see for poppies. I used 4 or 5 different colors in the blossom.  I also added some of the orange/red color to the bud to try to make it more lifelike. Hope you have enjoyed this card.

I have another class this Saturday and we will be making masculine cards. Seems that we all have a hard time with that theme. I will share those cards with you next week. I think you will like them.

Thanks for stopping in today. 

                                    Hope you have a wonderful day

                                                                                I will be back soon. 


I am submitting this in the following challenges:




11 comments:

Eret said...

I wish I could intend in your class. Your coloring is amazing! You made a stunning card with it.
Hugs,
Eret

Shona Erlenborn said...

Beautiful coloring on the image Barb and the background is stunning!

Brenda said...

Another gorgeous card, Barbara!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Very striking card, great colouring. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Christine's Craftyart Blog said...

Love your colouring techniques. Thanks for entering the Imagination Crafts Challenge. Chris x

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this is stunning. I've never had much luck with gamsol and colored pencils. This make me want to try it again.

Basslady said...

a fabulous and very striking card!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi (GD on lexi's creations challenge)

Shuly said...

waow that's so elegant! the colors of the flower are strikingly beautiful! the lacy background is beautiful
thanks for sharing on love to scrap! challenge blog!
shuly dt

Miss Emerald said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

K8 said...

Wow super coloring, really love this!! Thank you for playing with us at Artistic Inspirations this time, hugs Kate DT

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous, love the floral image and the die cut background is so pretty. Thank you for joining in with Imagination Crafts Challenge.
Lindsay xx